BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want to go crazy with the system in the M3 i will be getting. I plan on going with the HK stereo and adding an amp and a sub/subs. what do you guys think about this route? i dont want to spend a ton of $ but i want to get some decent bass and have the atereo sound good when it is turned up. If there is a better route i should be going, tell me. Also, which amp and sub set up will get me the best sound? should i be going with one or two subs? and finally, can the amp and subs be hooked up to run with the stock hk system?

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
JL stealthboxes are easy way to get bass. good call johnhab. some ppl did that with an alpine amp a long whiel back or just go with a jl 250/1. saves a ton of space and looks clean!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yeah, I did mine with an Alpine MRV-T420 (240W bridged mono @4Ohms&12V), which is probably too much power, but left myself with some headroom in case I upgraded (and the gain is turned way down).

If I did it again, I would go with the JL to avoid the need for a line output converter, although the JL's are more $$$ of course.

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
Jl is great stuff, good resale value to... popular name... crazy, i used to do this audio stuff for a few yrs then i got burned out on it, now i wanna do it somemore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts