E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I own a E46 sedan (2004) fitted with N46 engine.
The battery is located in the front of the car.
I should want to know if it is possible to find a +12 volts wire in the boot, at the rear of the car.

Thank you
Michel

·
Registered
46 Posts
Probably not in the amperage that you would want. If you run your own primary wire, make sure to do so on the passenger side to reduce electromagnetic interference. That is how BMW does it in the US models.

If you are just looking for an accessory 12v wire, you can find some one the stock amp, the antenna amplifier, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that the real path is on the passenger side.

But I have to supply occasionally a trailor with 12V DC (about 7A).

If there is no power wire at the rear of the car, I plan tu use the cigar lighter socket in the bottom of the dashboard.

My wire will run from the boot, between the front seats, to the cigar ligter socket.

I hope to not have electromagnetic interference.

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you only need 7amps then the cig lighters should work for you. That should have a 10amp (?) fuse. EMI only really comes into play with higher current such as an aftermarket amplifier or heavy electronics. I little circuit should not cause any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.