BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a set of 19s with used so3s on them, and then I bought new yoko avs's for the rear cause it was hurting pretty badly.. (and I'm the one who got in an accident because of bald 18s so i want something to take its place) also because they are backordered on the entire planet.

Now I notice that the tire pressure monitor goes off every time I am driving. I only noticed this for the trips with my new rubber. Is there a way to fix this other than getting new front tires??

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,767 Posts
the tire pressure monitor works based on wheel speed (a flat tire has a smaller circumference and has to turn faster to keep up). Did you replace the rear tires with something the same size?

Tim

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced a 275/30 19 SO3 with a Yoko AVS Sport 275/30 19. Should this make a difference?

I drove around a few days with the wheel upgrade and no TPMS went on... but only after I changed the rear rubber.. it's driving me nuts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
celicatoe46m3 said:
I replaced a 275/30 19 SO3 with a Yoko AVS Sport 275/30 19. Should this make a difference?

I drove around a few days with the wheel upgrade and no TPMS went on... but only after I changed the rear rubber.. it's driving me nuts.
It could be that easy, just reset it and see. Mine went crazy when I switched between two different sets of 19's. I guess all wheels have different dimensions even though they are the same size.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I had the same problem after changing wheels, I checked all the pressures and everything was fine. Resetting the light was real easy, it's laid out real clear in the manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts