BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Town Clown
15,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the heck do you get to the rear 6x9s? The only thing I can figure out is that the sub is actually inside the ski-box enclosure. I was going a lot by what the DIYs for coupes were, and found out that the vert setup is different. I've got an H/K, but I don't think that matters. Any tips on getting to the rear speakers would be appreciated!

Thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
528 Posts
The sub is on that swing door in front of the ski pass, but it's not a 6x9. Or are you talking about the side speakers?

·
Town Clown
15,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, at this point, I'm feeling pretty stupid and like I don't know what I'm talking about. :banghead:

I did figure out the fact that the sub is in the ski box though. That being said, does the vert not have any 6x9s (similar to the ones that are on the rear deck of the coupe?) or, if they're located on the sides, any info on how to get to them would be appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
no, the cabs don't have the 6x9 since they don't have the rear deck like the coupes... there are speakers on the sides (4.25's i think?) with tweeters.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hate to restart such an old thread - but how do you wire a Basslink for example if you can't get to any speakers in the rear of the vert.? Can you run the wires off the sub in the ski sack?

???? :dunno:

///M3 Wes said:
no, the cabs don't have the 6x9 since they don't have the rear deck like the coupes... there are speakers on the sides (4.25's i think?) with tweeters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts