BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...what shoes do you wear for normal track days? I normally wear a thin soled tennis shoe but I noticed something today... my Timberlands are easier to heel/toe in than tennis shoes. I'll probably buy some Sparco shoes eventually. I just though it was weird that my Timb's had a better pedal feel than any of my other shoes!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I wear normal sneakers. Just use what works best for you. An alternative to buying racing shoes is wrestling shoes. They are basically the same things except cheaper.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
topazmania said:
I wear normal sneakers. Just use what works best for you. An alternative to buying racing shoes is wrestling shoes. They are basically the same things except cheaper.
:lmao: I actually thought about the wrestling shoes as well. I just don't think I could bring myself to wear wrestling shoes at the track!! :D

Also, I don't actually heel/toe... I use the ball of my foot and split the pedals. Race shoes have a narrow sole and I would think it would be hard to split the brake and throttle with a narrow shoe like that!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah, that's the preferred method of heel-toe on BMW's because of the pedal setup. Narrow shoes definitely cause problems which is why I don't wear racing shoes.

If it'll make you feel better, you won't be the only one at the track with wrestling shoes. Quite a few people wear them.

·
Owner
4,057 Posts
RE:

Get those wrestling shoes that WWE fighters wear. You know, the shiny boot type that go up to your knees with the mile-long laces.

Then, if you lose at the track, drag the other driver out of his car and drop kick his arse!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I did meet this one guy who wore oddball shoes. He wore a racing shoe on his left foot and a bigger sneaker on his right foot. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,346 Posts
When did WWF change to WWE :dunno:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: RE:

Choson1 said:
Get those wrestling shoes that WWE fighters wear. You know, the shiny boot type that go up to your knees with the mile-long laces.

Then, if you lose at the track, drag the other driver out of his car and drop kick his arse!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Bro, you almost made me piss my pants!! I have had to piss for the last 10 minutes but couldn't tear myself away from the forum. Then.........I had no choice!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vinnymac said:
a bunch of my buddies wear wrestling shoes.
Seriously? I can get any Nike wrestling shoes for free from a buddy that works there. I know they are very similar but didn' think people actually wore them for racing!! Ok, I feel a little better now.

Although, I still think it would be hard to brake/gas with them!!!

·
Sponsor
90 Posts
PortlandDinan3 said:
I know they are very similar but didn' think people actually wore them for racing!!

For racing, wrestling shoes would be totally unacceptable.

But for HPDEs, driver comfort is very important. I know lots of people who wear pajama bottoms when they drive - a comfortable driver has fewer distractions and is safer overall.

Considering that racing shoes are very expensive, wear out very quickly from walking around the paddock, and are really only needed for racing, wrestling shoes really are the perfect alternative.

- -Matt

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nothing just the foot !!!:thumbup: :thumbup: Some tracks wont let u but i can get away with socks :lmao: :lmao: wich is not to bad .....

·
Slow in, slower out
4,753 Posts
I finally got myself a pair of Nomex racing shoes a couple years ago. Before that, I always used a pair of Converse Chuck taylor All Stars. The wide flat sole makes it easier to heel-toe and the smooth sides do not have any overhang to catch under adjacent pedals. Also, the flexible sole gives excellent brake feel. Keds would also serve well as bargain driving school shoes. Either way, you can find a nice pair for under $30. I usually wear Chucks when I autocross because I feel kind of silly wearing racing shoes in a parking lot.

I suggest staying away from walking, work, or dress shoes. These typically have a sole that projects past the upper which makes it very easy to catch under a pedal.

Ed

·
Registered
231 Posts
what shoes do you wear for driving? what are the best driving shoes?

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,478 Posts
I bought a pair Piloti's that are pretty good. They're a driving shoe/sneaker kind of shoe, but they're designed for driving.

When I was in Italy a year ago, I bought a pair of Valdeverde loafers that were also designed to be driving shoes. At least that's what it said on the display. So comfortable, like slippers and great for heal-and-toeing.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Re: what shoes do you wear for driving? what are the best driving shoes?

giandu said:
Jordans:pimpin:

·
frequent tire purchaser
668 Posts
I have some Puma indoor soccer shoes that I also use as driving shoes when I go to the track or on aggressive drives.:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts