E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2001 330ci Convertible 5MT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I want to tint all the windows except for the windshield in my convertible. Has anyone done this before on their own and know how much tint to buy? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2001 325 manual trans
65 Posts
I did mine myself, I had to redo the rear deck window 5 times and it still wasn't perfect, its really a pain and hassle. However, the convertible is substantially easier since the rear window is smaller and the door windows have no frame on the top and side. I would order at least a 20' roll, 20 feet by 20 inches high, that should give you enough slack to mess up twice. Also, ebay tints can be hit or miss with quality, I've had some that hold up well, and others that fade to purple quickly.

· Registered
2001 330ci Convertible 5MT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did mine myself, I had to redo the rear deck window 5 times and it still wasn't perfect, its really a pain and hassle. However, the convertible is substantially easier since the rear window is smaller and the door windows have no frame on the top and side. I would order at least a 20' roll, 20 feet by 20 inches high, that should give you enough slack to mess up twice. Also, ebay tints can be hit or miss with quality, I've had some that hold up well, and others that fade to purple quickly.
Awesome man, thanks for the info! Yeah that's what I've been hearing about ebay tints... I'll probably stick with the name brands. (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts