BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told it would be very hard for a dealer to find that the software had been installed when the car is brought in for routine service. I am nearing the next service and was wondering if I should upload the original software before I go. Prior to doing the mods to my car I spoke to my dealer and he said i would have no warranty issues with an exhaust and an intake but that I should not change the software unless I wanted to void the warranty. I installed my GruppeM and Eisenman Race and just could not hold back from doing the software but now I am wondering if I opened a can of worms.

Anyone with answers to this?

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
install the software. don't tell the dealer.

don't let them intimidate you. you'd be surprised on how stupid the dealer really is.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
jason330i said:
don't let them intimidate you. you'd be surprised on how stupid the dealer really is.
They never fail to amaze me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With my luck I would probably get the one smart one out there.:banghead:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I personally tell them... i did with my old e36... said it's got software so don't erase it or anything... but that was a private shop.. as soon as technik s1 software is ready for 03 cars then i'll get that.. and I'll tell the dealer it's got software and give them the impression that it's dinan software...:eeps:

·
Gear up, shut up!
1,228 Posts
the software that sam offers is undetectable by anyone...i promise. I had my dealer look at my ECU with powerchips software and then the regional warranty officer came and took a look, not even he could detect it.

the only way that they could know is if they looked at the max engine speed for some reason....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts