BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my angel eyes from umnitza and I've tried searching but can't find any solid information on the best way to make sure I don't get condensation in my lights. Do I need to order a new gasket? Or bake them?

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
I didnt get my angel eyes from umnitza, but you dont need any modifications done to the actual headlight to not have any condensation. I sometimes have a tiny fog come in there, when its pouring rain, that is just because I cant seem to lock in the tabs from the bottom of the headlight lense.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
As long as the gasket is still in good conditions you're fine. No extras needed. If you do end up getting condensation in them, all you gotta do is replace the gasket and you should be good to go.

·
Shifting
31,924 Posts
You do not need to bake your lights, you just pop up the clips holding the lenses and take them out. The gasket should be fine, but what does cause some condensation is if your high beam boot is not seated all the way. By the way, make sure the two black plastic guides on the headlight housing are not pinched in when you put the lenses back on.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot guys, I should be putting them in Friday. I'll let you know how it goes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts