E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
As for the RTABs, my understanding is to use a long straight-edge or a ruler and press it against the BOTTOM of the RTAB carrier. Then you measure 8mm BELOW the center of the hub and you put your straight edge to this point while pressed flat onto the bottom of the RTAB carrier. Then you tighten your 18mm carrier bolt to spec which I believe is 81 ft-lbs.
It's 8mm ABOVE the center of the hub.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Courtesy of my friend Matt...:bow:

First thing after u get the bushing in is put the bracket back on the arm by the single nut and bolt that goes through your new bushing, DO NOT tighten this bolt YET just put it though and attach the nut with finger tightness. Now.. To use the tool u put the bolt through the hole in the bracket like the pic in post 10 of the link I sent. And position the pin on the tool In the center of your half shaft (axle) like the picture shows in the link I sent. While keeping the tool in the position shown in link you fully tighten the bolt going through the new bushing (the one I told you to finger tighten earlier). After u tighten that bolt you take my tool off and then everything is ready to put back together. technically you should get an alignment but if you marked the spots where the bracket was on the body of your car and matched up the marks when you put it back together it shouldn't be too far out of alignment.*

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.