BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I mounted my snow wheels and tires my dad made me realize that I didn't make note of which of the OEM wheels/tires were in what position.

Do you guys think it is a big deal if I don't mount the stock wheels/tires in the same position they were when I took them off?

I have a 50/50 chance of getting back to the original way since the rear tires are wider so I know those go in the back.

I don't think it's a big deal since my car is a daily driver so it's not like I always turn in one direction.

dave

·
Registered
393 Posts
Commander FAT said:
After I mounted my snow wheels and tires my dad made me realize that I didn't make note of which of the OEM wheels/tires were in what position.

Do you guys think it is a big deal if I don't mount the stock wheels/tires in the same position they were when I took them off?

I have a 50/50 chance of getting back to the original way since the rear tires are wider so I know those go in the back.

I don't think it's a big deal since my car is a daily driver so it's not like I always turn in one direction.

dave
If you're wheels are staggered then there's no need to worry as the directional arrows on the tires will tell you which one goes where and the larger tires obviously go on the back.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
Does your 330Ci have the sports package? if so...there is only one way the wheels go so you don't have to worry about mixing them up.

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah I got sports. I'll run to the basement real quick and see if they have directional arrows.

dave

*edit*
Ok, cool. They have those arrows marked "rotation". Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts