BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Allstate covers aftermarket rims? Are their private insurance company's you can use to purchase insurance on any equipment such as rims or a stereo. I really wouldn't mind paying extra money every month just so I dont have to worry about my car everytime I go out.

·
Slow in, slower out
4,754 Posts
In general, a standard comprehensive policy will not cover undecalrdes aftermarket equipment. Tell your agent about any additional parts wish wish to have covered and he/she will probably offer an amended policy for a few bucks more per month. Keep in mind that the additional covereage will probably be based on "declared value" which means that you will be paying a little more based on what you tell them the stuff is worth but if you file a claim, you will have to prove that value to the adjuster.

Be sure to take lots of digital pics and keep them in a safe place.

Ed

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,183 Posts
HI I HAVE TRAVERLS INS.

my ins. co just wanted a copy of the bill for my hre 540 so car was
60,000 before if they rob the car the value of car now is
5,000 for hre. just to show you not the price of the rims ok.
total value of car if taken is 65,000 munus depressation goes like that. more given bills you are cover for but insurence will go up because car is worth more .
bobm3

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Allstate doesn't cover mods. Can I get a separate insurance company to cover mods?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I don't know about a separate insurance policy for mods, but I would guess that it's more likely that you could find a different company that will cover both your car and mods... Good luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You can expect to get the OEM wheel cost if an aftermarket wheel is demolished and you did not get an additional rider to cover it. Unless your new wheels are much more expensive than the OEMs (which typically aren't cheap), it may not be cost-effective to insure them separately. Adding a rider might also raise eyebrows, your risk category and your premiums. Talk to your agent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts