1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys~

I need some help.

I cannot reset my check engine light.

I follow the instruction but light is still on......

What would be the problem? Peake tool it self or my car?

It works for the oil change and inspection reset.

I have 1999 E46

Any feedback?

Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
If the peake reset tool is the R50 (not sure about the model number), it only resets the oil and inspection warnings.. NOT the check engine warning. I think you can reset the check engine by disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes then re-connecting it. Chances are if there's something wrong with the car it will come back. Usually that warning comes on due to your gas cap not being on properly.. so make sure your gas cap is on tight and drive a couple miles and it should go away, else take to the dealer b/c it could be your O2 sensor has gone bad or something else.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys~

Thanks for the feedback!!!

I try everything. disconnecting battery, reading fault code but nothing was found, and gas cap.

Tool is saying that there is nothing wrong, showing -- code which means that everying is ok. All I need to do is to get rid of that check Engine light~~!!!! but I can't reset that S***

My tool is R5/FCX-II.

I don't want to take it to the dealer b/c they are expensive. I need to do inspection on my car but with that light being on...it will fail the inspecation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.