BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into buying JL Audio VR650-CSi 6.5" Components off Ebay. My question is are these speakers good for $189? Is the sound good? Im not looking for crazy bass or anything just better then the non hk system in a 03 325i. Any input would be great. Here's the link to the auction -> JL Audio's speakers

·
Registered
388 Posts
Those are nice speakers, I heard them in the store and they rock. H/K arn't that bad of a speaker though. From experence...my latest mod was a Alpine 9815 headunit and another jl 12w6v2. I was looking into some new speakers...JL and Infinity Kappas but I wanted to see how my H/K would sound with the new head unit. It made a world of difference and I decided not to buy new speakers. They are just fine, yes new speakers would sound better...but not all that much. The head unit was what really made the difference in sound. If I have some extra money maybe I will get some Kappa's but I would much rather put the money towards something else. Good luck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well......my $.02

I have to disagree with the last post.
I took my stock speakers out of my 01 coupe and replaced them with the JL TR series components. They sound a LOT better than the stock speakers. The midbass in the JLs can handle a lot more power and has much better low end than the stock speakers. THe tweets are close but the JLs are better. THe VR series will be even MORE of an improvement. You are getting an aftermarket amp right? Otherwise you can't really use those speakers unless you are just going to replace the stock ones with the JL drivers and use the stock amp....that won't make THAT much of an improvement AND you cannot EQ it - the stock speakers are not all 4 ohms.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well have tr 6.5's in the rear and in the front im gettin the vr 6.5's 2 tweeters, 2 mids, and 2 crossover. No aftermarket amp tho. I might get a JL audio amp 300/1 or 250/1 but im not going be adding subs or anything so see no point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts