E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah you have to be careful of overloading you lcm. hopefully you only have 55's on your lows? Shouldn't need an error delete if you code the lcm. I bought mine from www.extremehid.com they have been amazing since day 1.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to get the 35w kit because I assume there would be too much heat produced with the 55w. how about the adaptor cable? no right cause the connector is 9006 to begin with?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I put in a DDM tuning kit, less than 2 weeks later one bulb will fire but not stay lit. replacing with LEDs shortly. all HID fogs do is piss off the people you're driving at anyways.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to get the 35w kit because I assume there would be too much heat produced with the 55w. how about the adaptor cable? no right cause the connector is 9006 to begin with?

·
Registered
975 Posts
i think he has piaa 9006 bulbs. 2000k or 2500k.. they are quiet bright..

·
Registered
813 Posts
^ are these plug and play? With no errors? I've been talking to the wife of getting yellow HID for the fogs but shops are charging about 100-150 for HID's 3k...can't really find a good reason to spend 100-150 on them but if they work for you and are really nice and bright I'll get them

·
Site Sponsor
18,139 Posts

·
Shifting
30,825 Posts
^ are these plug and play? With no errors? I've been talking to the wife of getting yellow HID for the fogs but shops are charging about 100-150 for HID's 3k...can't really find a good reason to spend 100-150 on them but if they work for you and are really nice and bright I'll get them

Running hid fogs will also mess up your LCM. The ones I had fried my on-board computer button on the left stalk.

Yea, they're regular halogen bulbs.

·
Site Sponsor
18,139 Posts
Running hid fogs will also mess up your LCM. The ones I had fried my on-board computer button on the left stalk.

Yea, they're regular halogen bulbs.
No it won't. You may have had a cheap/bad kit - the factories can sometimes produce ballasts that have internal shorts in them or bulbs, but it's very very rare.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts