BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting headers in the near future. If my run is runing catless is it going to throw any codes. If it does, how can i make it so it doesn't. Also is it a hard diy, or if i bring it to a shop how much should install cost? Thanks in advance
-Justin

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
You'll throw codes unless you figure out a way to convince your post cat O2's that you have cats that are working properly. A local shop quoted me $460 back in the day.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
You will throw codes but if you get AA's software they will turn off the CEL by telling the car to not look for cats anymore. I'm going to be installing headers on my car this weekend so I'll let you know how it goes. I know a couple people who have done it personally and they said it was tedious but not hard.

·
Banned
448 Posts
I have Technik Gen2, UUC TSE3, and cats. I love the sound at crusing or low drive. at WOT it sounds too loud though

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Sorry for the lack of a sound clip but UPS failed to deliver my headers on time so I'm going to have to wait until next weekend to install them. I did install some on a 325 w/ a Rouge DMS and it sounds amazing, very loud, but amazing. I'm pretty sure mine is going to be obnoxious.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the lack of a sound clip but UPS failed to deliver my headers on time so I'm going to have to wait until next weekend to install them. I did install some on a 325 w/ a Rouge DMS and it sounds amazing, very loud, but amazing. I'm pretty sure mine is going to be obnoxious.
Where did you order your headers from?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Where did you order your headers from?
I originally bought 325/330 ebay headers from a member on here since I was sick of waiting for 323/328 headers to come available but as soon as I received the 325/330 headers a set of 323/328 headers came available on ebay so I bought those and sold the other ones to my buddy. They are both from Delubzoparts on ebay which is the seller that everyone on here has had so much success with. I asked him and supposedly his new shipment of non m headers is coming in December if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
here is what you need to do....

-Buy the technik headers
-send your ecu to Active autowerke and have them install the cat-delete software for $200.
-Get some tools and do the install yourself, it is not that hard.

-enjoy 15whp and a great sound.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
here are the videos as promised (sorry for the poor quality):

My car 328ci w/ ebay headers, no resonators and an AA Gen 2 muffler

FTWeisse's car 325ci w/ ebay headers, one resonator and a Rouge DMS

·
Registered
204 Posts
those videos are sick... i have a question though... how far does the rogue DMS go? i thought that it eliminated the resonators either way

1 - 20 of 56 Posts