BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of H&R race springs 50484 from another fanatic. I have a 2000 323i, premium package without the sport suspension. After some research and calling H&R, they are telling me that I need 29484. Whats going to happen to my car if I put on the 50484? And what are the differences between the 2? Thanks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
56 Posts
Are you putting these on stock shocks or aftermarket shocks?

If you're using the stocks with these springs, they'll blow pretty fast.

If you get some aftermarket shocks, then it should work.
 

·
First 19" ZHP
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
29484 is the updated version of the race springs for sedans while the other PN is usually for coupes. you should be fine
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
56 Posts
nikemykee said:
29484 is the updated version of the race springs for sedans while the other PN is usually for coupes. you should be fine
Nope,

50484-88 is "Race" for cars equipped with factory sport suspension

29484 is "Race" for cars equipped with factory NONsport suspension
is "Sport" for cars equipped with facotry sport suspension

29485 is "Sport" for cars equipped with factory NONsport suspension
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
TuRBoIS300 said:
Nope,

50484-88 is "Race" for cars equipped with factory sport suspension

29484 is "Race" for cars equipped with factory NONsport suspension
is "Sport" for cars equipped with facotry sport suspension

29485 is "Sport" for cars equipped with factory NONsport suspension
So what this means I believe is that you're going to have a pretty low car. I have 29484's on my Sport 323i and it dropped the front about an inch, it looks like this car:

Also, you will kill your OEM shocks with these springs really quick, you're gonna have to get some Bilstiens or Koni's to keep it all together. Your OEM shocks may be fine for a little while, but these springs will tire them out soon enough.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nzDave said:
So what this means I believe is that you're going to have a pretty low car. I have 29484's on my Sport 323i and it dropped the front about an inch, it looks like this car:

Also, you will kill your OEM shocks with these springs really quick, you're gonna have to get some Bilstiens or Koni's to keep it all together. Your OEM shocks may be fine for a little while, but these springs will tire them out soon enough.
this is exactly what i want my car to look like. im praying it doesnt drop it anymore than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, I don't know jack about suspension so you guys are gonna have to help me out. I'm getting these race springs without shocks. I keep hearing that I need aftermarket shocks or I'm going to blow my stock shocks. What are coilovers? What are cupkits?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
Coilovers are integrated shocks and springs in one unit on a threaded perch so they can be height adjusted, some also have damping and some even have that and rebound adjustment. Cupkit is an H&R product which has traditional shock spring setup but the springs and shocks valving are tuned to match so they work well together.

The race springs will be a bit lower in the front and considerably in the rear from the picture of the sedan. That the 29484 setup, more of raked look. I have the 29484 springs with Koni yellows and I personally like it. The Konis are adjustable so I was able to find a setting which works for everyday. I would also say replace you rear shock mounts while you're at it cuz they have to come out to change the rears and the stock units will wear out.

As far as stock shocks on those springs, don't. Sure it will work for a awhile but not well and when the shocks wear out you'll bounce around everywhere.

You can get the Konis, all four for $500 and can get the 29484 springs for $200, RSM's $60 to $90 for decent ones
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top