E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a touch-up aerosol paint from "Touch Up Paint LLC" for Titanium Silver and it doesn't match - it's darker. The paint company's rep. asked for my VIN to get a better match. Does my VIN have a code for the variant of the Titansilber-354 color? I never heard of that? Can anyone shed some light here....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Pleaseee don't do this to your poor car.

Pay the $150-$200 and get the car the proper treatment it deserves.

Your not seriously going to come on E46FANATICS and tell people your about to buy a can of graffiti and have a go at your car?

I'm pretty sure there are laws against intentional vandalism.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
looks like you need some light shed in a couple areas?

HAYOOOOOOOO
I'm painting under portion of the front bumper - that has been innundated with rock/pebble chips. Some spot painting where there is no need to blen paint, it makes perfect sense to do it yourself provided that proper prep and techniques are followed. As long as the results are cosmetically & esthethically up-to-par. What it is that your trying say? Does someone know if there are variation in one factory color predicated on the production date?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm painting under portion of the front bumper - that has been innundated with rock/pebble chips. Some spot painting where there is no need to blen paint, it makes perfect sense to do it yourself provided that proper prep and techniques are followed. As long as the results are cosmetically & esthethically up-to-par. What it is that your trying say? Does someone know if there are variation in one factory color predicated on the production date?
It was supposed to be a joke, but nvm

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,774 Posts
Vin can tell color. There are two oxford green metallic paints...and they have different paint codes...maybe in your color also...no reason.to think.the.request was suspicious. Periods are the phone...not me!

I'm on phone so if I wrote something stupid, it was probably the phone!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the deal: I've known that my paint code is 354(thanks Schnell!), but I wasn't aware that you can decipher the variation of the factory color based on the production date. If they do, those Germans keep meticulous records!! I really don't think this is the case though....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts