BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The OG Black Roof
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from a friend that if I put the Eisenmann Race exhaust on my 330ci (when I get it) and put on some straight pipes to replace my 2nd resonator, that the car would have a hint of Ferrari sound to it.

Is this true?

I know it's not gonna sound like the Dixxis exhaust on an M3, but anyone who has this setup, how does it sound?

Thanks

-Justin

·
The OG Black Roof
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why don't you reread a little ass monkey....I said I heard it would have a "hint" of ferrari sound to it...

I'm not some n00b who thinks a 330 will sound like a ferrari...I was simply asking a question....

:flipoff:

·
The OG Black Roof
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jesus..This board is becoming infested with idiots...I was just asking a f-ing question...

And if you think that his comment "owned and rocked my life," your sadly mistaken....

now, does anyone even have this setup...

Does it sound nice??

·
Registered
370 Posts
it's cool cosmic I know what you mean. Ward-dude, chill out man, Cosmic clearly said hint, you don't need to blast him, he is simply following up on something he heard as opposed to running around like an idiot adding to rumors. That is the way it should be in my opinion. Anyway, I have the Eisenmann Race with sound pipes on my 03 330ci-5sp and Dinan CAI. Very nice setup. THe Eisenmann does scream at high rpms. The only comparison I can make to Ferrari is that starting off and lower rpms they rumble and growl and then all of a sudden scream. However the pitch is not the same, Eisenmann is obviously much lower. An awesome sounding exhaust none the less. I would highly recommend it, doesn't drone, it is very subtle, but there to soothe the ears. THe Dinan intake(and probably the Benfer) are the perfect matching intake to the exhaust(in my opinion) because they are not as loud as a GruppeM and I feel the GruppeM drowns out the exhaust hence defeating the purpose of the exhaust. With the Dinan I hear a nice growl from it, the nice growl from the 3.0 winding out, and the exhaust screaming like everything was made for one another. I have had the GruppeM on my car to formulate this opinion. So I am not just speculating.

·
The OG Black Roof
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you...

I knew there were one or two decent people left on this board...

:thumbup:

BTW: Right now I'm running a TSE2, in terms of loudness....

Say a TSE2 is an 8...what is this set up gonna be...7 or 8???

·
Registered
370 Posts
hmmm, 5.5-6.5ish I would say. The only other exhaust I have heard(because BMW tuners are few and far in-between around here) is an ActiveAutoWerks system on a couple of e36 M3's and the Eisenmann is a little louder then those. I have also heard UUC's System U, however, that was on an e36 323 and it had the e36 M3 engine dropped in it, so I don't know if he had a 323 system on it or an M3 SYstem U but that thing was so so so loud and the Eisenmann would only be about 1/4 as loud(if that) if that doesn't help I am really sorry, but do a search because someone hosted a clip of my exhaust.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
hey cosmic, I'm sorry man, I didn't mean for that to come off sounding real rude. I was just saying that it won't sound much like a Ferrari at all....only the M3 with Eisenmann might sound soooorta like a Ferrari. And thats subjective at best too. But by all means, get the eisenmann for the 325. I think it sounds sick. BTW, on a side note, I know what you mean by the hint of a ferrari sound. I personally think the E36 M3 with the AA exhaust has the slight hollow ferrari sounding tone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts