BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone run Hawk HPS Street brake pads with PowerSlot Power Slot Rotor? if so...how is result...?
how about dust level?

4,231 Posts
HPS is an excellent street pad... excellent performance all around, virtually no squealing and low dust. I've used these on various personal cars of my own.

I have never used PowerSlot rotors.

- Rob

·
Banned
2,055 Posts
Kind of on topic - anyone running UUC BBKs? I like the Porsche style changing of the pads for auto-x and the such. Anyone have experience with these?

4,231 Posts
tapzRD said:
do you use the OEM rotor with hawk pads?
Of course, definitely! The HP-S is a street pad (that's the "S" part) and is not significantly different in wear characteristics than the OE pads.

With the exception of rare ceramic brake rotors (race cars and future street Porsches), all brake rotors are simply cast iron. No magic at all, cast iron is very good at absorbing and dissipating heat while maintaing good wear charactistics at a reasonable price. Are some brands "better" than others? Marginally, but that is almost the least-important factor. More critical is that the rotor is straight and balanced ("true").

- Rob

4,231 Posts
GordonMurray said:
Kind of on topic - anyone running UUC BBKs? I like the Porsche style changing of the pads for auto-x and the such. Anyone have experience with these?
We have sold a ton (literally - brake kits are heavy! :D ) to the E36 M3 guys, and in particular many that use the car for a lot of auto-x and track time. You will see a few sets run in this year's One Lap and also Open Track Challenge.

- Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts