E46 Fanatics Forum banner

question about auto climate control

910 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  guest1016 
#1 ·
i recently upgraded my "knobs" to the auto system. just plugs in & all works fine, but everytime I start my car the AC is on, why? The auto is not turned on, it doesn't seem to matter if the temp is set at 90 or 65, it still is on everytime I start it, is this normal or just because of the retrofit? This really sucks....

Discussion starter · #5 ·
seriously? so I have to go to my dealer & pay $75 for them to turn this snizz off? you know i'm hating this car more by the day......anytime they need to get into my comp for anything (alram, etc) they say it's a $75 charge.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
there are two local BMW dealers in my area, and they both charge the same amount. It's $75 an hour, but even though it's less than that time wise, they still have to charge me an hour's worth of labor.

Suren, I picked up the auto climate control from e-bay for about, um, like between 65-80, I can't remember the exact price. new I believe is around 4 bills, or so I've been told, so I got a great deal...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.