BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know as long as there's light the angel eyes will work (obviously) but my light house seems to not be working as well as i thought it would have..fiber optics burn, burning smell comes out from the engine bay, gets too hot, lost acouple of screws here and there, etc etc. I was wondering if anybody on this board with angel eyes used a different set of lightboxes to prevent all these mishaps. If you did use a differnt lightbox..what kind did you buy? does it get really hot like the originals? how much will it run me to get a pair for myself?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dude.. i ran into problem just like you. I am using 10,000mcd LED from superbrightled.com. They came out pretty nice. I hate those halogens. They might melt my head light or some wires under the hood.

Wish you luck, mon:pimpin: :

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AIYA said:
Dude.. i ran into problem just like you. I am using 10,000mcd LED from superbrightled.com. They came out pretty nice. I hate those halogens. They might melt my head light or some wires under the hood.

can you send me the link? i went to their site and all i see are a bunch of lights for sale i dont know which one to click:lmao:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the halogen angel eyes, mine are very bright and im really happy with em. Yeah they get hot, but they arn't touching anything that they could melt, so it works out for me. Ive also got a heat shield on mine (had to ask them to send one out)

·
M T3ch
447 Posts
AIYA said:

Do you have any pictures or your setup?:eeps:

·
Registered
496 Posts
AIYA said:

I am looking to do the same- Can you please post pics of the finished results- I am having a tough time finding the brightest LED's as well- Were yours much?

I found better info at superbrightleds.com - Is this the site you meant to post?
http://www.superbrightleds.com/leds.htm

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,174 Posts
I've had DAE's installed for months and my halos are very bright and even and I've never melted any fiber optic cables or overheated in any way.

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
I've had mine in my wife's car for 8 weeks now and no melting.
It's just the way you tie them together.

The lightboxes will not melt anything, your engine gets WAY hotter than they do. Where does this stuff come from?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if i order from superbrightled.com/ does a lightbox come with it?

or is it just only a bulb that i fit into my previous lightbox?

·
Registered
646 Posts
You might be interested in the writeup i just did on increasing light output by using a better quality halogen bulb.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51136

·
Registered
646 Posts
Weird that the link doesn't work, you should be able to see the thread on the first page, look for my name or do a search for it. Something along the lines of, DDE 35 watt bulbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts