BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend got a "warning" ticket in her civic si today, she was asking me what it meant exactly and i wasn't sure so i figured maybe you guys could help me and her out. usually when i got a warning from cops it was just a verbal warning, no actual slip of paper but the cop actually issued her a slip of paper which makes me think maybe it's a bit different (more important) than a verbal warning. so does anyone know what this means exactly? like does she need to get it fixed right now? or if she gets pulled over again she'll get a more severe fine? or if she can just ignore it and just keep her windows rolled down from now on?

thanks for the help fellas

·
Registered
33,387 Posts
Oh it seems you got your explanation in fine print at the bottom of the ticket. It's like a fix-it ticket, except you don't have to pay.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh it seems you got your explanation in fine print at the bottom of the ticket. It's like a fix-it ticket, except you don't have to pay.
Yup fix it ticket. My dad had that same ticket for window tint while driving through Walnut Creek.

but she doesn't need to get a cop to sign it off after it's been "removed" or... not right?

·
Registered
33,387 Posts
You don't have to do anything, technically speaking, and no one has to sign it off, but if she catches some cop's attention and they look her name up and sees she got this warning and slept on it, then yeah she can get a "real" fix-it ticket.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
You don't have to do anything, technically speaking, and no one has to sign it off, but if she catches some cop's attention and they look her name up and sees she got this warning and slept on it, then yeah she can get a "real" fix-it ticket.
but she'd get a real fix-it regardless of if her name is in the system or not. for all we know, she might not get pulled over again with the tint. and if she does, oh well, she'll just have to do what she is doing currently. so it'd be the same as a fix-it. i'd just wait for the real ticket.

personally, i'd just leave it alone.

·
Registered
33,387 Posts
but she'd get a real fix-it regardless of if her name is in the system or not. for all we know, she might not get pulled over again with the tint. and if she does, oh well, she'll just have to do what she is doing currently. so it'd be the same as a fix-it. i'd just wait for the real ticket.

personally, i'd just leave it alone.
They COULD fine her more. Simply because she already got a warning. I'm assuming this, better to ask in the cop thread. But that's the thing with this ticket, you can take your chances and hope to get never get pulled over again (unlikely in a Civic Si) or just get the tint off now and not have to pay the fine for a ticket. I'm pretty sure they'll have no problem with her leaving it be because, hey, that's more money for them.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks for the advice guys

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my friend's wondering if you guys know how long her name will stay in the system?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
like if you get a ticket and take care of it you have to wait 18 months before you can take traffic school. or does this ticket stay on her record forever?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
848 Posts
My guess is that it replaces the verbal warning as a record for the police since they have to show why they choose to pull her over for their own records. I had a cop once give me a ticket and strongly hinted that I should protest it. When I asked why didn't she (yes female cop) just not write the ticket, she replied because it was already reported in the system and she had to write it out. I showed up to court to protest and sure enough she did a no show. I wouldn't take action until she gets pulled over again.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My guess is that it replaces the verbal warning as a record for the police since they have to show why they choose to pull her over for their own records. I had a cop once give me a ticket and strongly hinted that I should protest it. When I asked why didn't she (yes female cop) just not write the ticket, she replied because it was already reported in the system and she had to write it out. I showed up to court to protest and sure enough she did a no show. I wouldn't take action until she gets pulled over again.
thanks! i told her to do the same

I'm a police officer. Her name will stay in the system for 18 months.
:hi:

how come i never get those?
cuz of the 6th line down first blank lol

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
At least it wasn't a real ticket. Cop must have been nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts