E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I bought my car my a/c hasn't blown cold. I assumed it needed a recharge, so I took it in and the mechanic said the freon has good pressure and the compressor is working. I've heard a lot about the heater control valve so I just replaced that and it's still blowing warm, but it does blow out and the compressor is kicking on. What the poop?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
also sometimes it's warmer out of some vents than others it seems like. the middle ones tend to be a little hotter than the side ones. but today after driving for like 15 minutes with it on it felt slightly cool, but maybe that's just cause i've never really tried before cause i knew it didn't work. it wasn't cold by any means but not hot anymore.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys so much for your advice! Sorry to hear what happened to yours, thank God I didn't have the same issue you did. Turns out that shop didn't know what they were doing. I took it to the BMW indy I trust and it was just a small leak in the schrader valve. Replaced that and filled it up with freon and it's good to go! And it only cost $140 :D

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
yes always a leaking hose or somewhere else. Same with my 12 years old car. Replaced a hose and then everything works again. Original AC compressor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts