BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you had a choice between a 330 and sport and preimum package........or a 325 with the same packages but with the dinan s1 package......which would you choose

i was thinking of buying a 330 just because its faster......but that would cost like 46,000.....and a new 325 would only cost around 39,000........so with that extra 6-7000 i would save getting the 325, i thought i could get a dinan package

your thoughts?

·
Registered
724 Posts
you wont be dissapointed with a 325 no matter what any of the 330 drivers say...save some money go 325!

·
Registered
388 Posts
325's are sllllow. Deffiently get the 330, dinan stage 1 is only like 20 hp, if that.

·
Para-Magic
682 Posts
depends.. if it was between a 325 with sport and a 330 without sport its easy, get the 325. I own a 323ci(325) and i recently took out a 330 5sp for a demo. The 330 is a great car and the engine is quite nice, good power rips through the revs. The one i drove didnt have the sport package and the handling was nowhere near as good as my 323 (with sport). All in all though i love my car and wouldnt trade it, im happy with the performance it offers. Dont get the 325 and then try to throw money at it to make it as fast as a stock 330, it just doesnt make sense. The 330 has some neat goodies for the extra money. Drive them both, if the 325 feels good to you then get it, but dont spend $40,000 if the car you really want is $47,000..

·
Registered
254 Posts
The 330 is a great car and the engine is quite nice, good power rips through the revs. The one i drove didnt have the sport package and the handling was nowhere near as good as my 323 (with sport).

Was this a used car? Cause the current sport package doesn't change the suspension or anything, most of the changes are superficial (different rims, different steering wheel, aero package, etc.) 330's already have the sport suspension I believe.

·
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad
932 Posts
All in all though i love my car and wouldnt trade it, im happy with the performance it offers. Dont get the 325 and then try to throw money at it to make it as fast as a stock 330, it just doesnt make sense. The 330 has some neat goodies for the extra money.
Well said. And like someone else said you won't e dissappointed with a 325i but if you are gonna spend the money anyway def. go for 330. And Dinan is definately not the way to go.....(flame suit on) I just think you can do much better mods for the money.

Go for 330:thumbup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I used to have a 325Ci step, and that was slow compared to my 330Ci manual that I got for the trade-in. And I agree with bmwerkes and others.

You may want a stick for the 325 or go for a longer financing term for the 330, but definitely don't get the Dinan package just to keep up with the 330. It just doesn't make sense. NA horsepower is always better than bolt-on mods (not including supercharger or turbo).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts