E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a set of 19" HM2s... maybe from rennsport. I was wondering what yall thought of these Nitto tires that rennsport is packaging with them. Are they decent? I'm kinda looking for the opinions of people who have had them.

If they do indeed suck, what would be a good alternative? Should I buy the rims from rennsport and then get better tires at tirerack? I don't want to spend a ton on tires, but my dad always told me to not skimp on tires... TIA fellas.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
NITTOS ARE CRAP!!!! Nough Said. Go with Dunlops. Tirerack has them for like 200 each.

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
Nittos look alright and are well priced. However, they do not last at all! Some people here only got 5000 miles out of their Nittos.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Choson1 said:
Nittos look alright and are well priced. However, they do not last at all! Some people here only got 5000 miles out of their Nittos.
Nittos are great tires and a good value. I only used the NT555 Extreme Performance tires on my Supra, and they were great. I was able to get at least 25,000 miles out of them, and I drove that car pretty damn hard. I would definitely recommend them, and would buy them again.

BTW. . .you should only trust the opinions of people who have personal experience with these tires. . .it seems alot of people have based their comments on rumors and speculation.

-jim

·
Registered
772 Posts
My Nitto 555 were POS too! they lasted very short time for me cause they are a performance tire, so they didn't last that long! Toyo FZ4 is the same exact tire as the Nitto 555, but lasted a little longer for me! The tires that i loved were the Dunlop W10 and Yokohama Parada...but i'm not sure if they have 19" tires?

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Whoa, Goose is back!

I agree with what he says.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
It certainly depends on your driving habits how long they are going to last. I found on my Mustang that they had a shorter lifespan compared to my T/A's and I drove my T/A's harder. But the Nitto's are a good value.

Chip-

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
i go tthe rennsport package too. If you pay like 200 more you get dunlops.

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,455 Posts
I've had 2 sets without issue.... been thru Conti's, Pirelli's, Dunlop, Yoko thru the years with zero luck. IMO their a great value and a good tire.

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
Craig said:
I've had 2 sets without issue.... been thru Conti's, Pirelli's, Dunlop, Yoko thru the years with zero luck. IMO their a great value and a good tire.
hey craig.. so out of all those tires you went through, which one would you think was the best? :dunno: :dunno: :thumbup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had Nitto 555s. They were OK, they were better then the Toyo's I had after. The Toyo's were god aweful. The Nitto's were halfway decent in the rain, and decent on dry. I actually like the ContiSports that came on my sport package wheels more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nitto 555 is acutally not that good. Dunlop W10 is a very nice tire in every aspects. However, they have been discountinued. I believe Dunlop replaced them with FM somthih.. correct me if i am wrong.. Like previous posts said, Dunlop SP9000 is great.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had a set of 18" Hamann's with Nitto tires and I was very surprised by how well they handled. They really provided very good feedback & turn in response was very good.

I am considering getting them when I get new wheels but I think I might be partial to the Yokohama ES100's. They seem to have gotten a good write-up and the few people who have commented on them seem to like them alot. They are around the same price as the Nitto's.

Just so you know where I am coming from, my 03 330i came with Contisports which don't grip as well as the Nitto's and were not as responsive either

I had Pilot's on my 01 330Ci and I loved them but they tramlined like crazy . . . besides for the tramlining, they were the best tire I ever had but are expensive as h*ll . . .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts