E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Bradolf Pittler
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kaisake said:
How about a 'remote exhaust cutout', which bypasses muffler with a flick of a switch from the cabin? I wouldn't mess with the catalytic converter (in CA at least) due to tight emission tests (smog checks).

Idea behind cutout:

Electric Exhaust Cutout:
http://www.clubgpstore.com/itemview.asp?itemid=91

·
Wide Ass on 20's
729 Posts
I would like one of those!

·
Nonsense Generator
946 Posts
On an E46, the cats are attached to the headers. So that won't really serve much purpose except to bypass resonators/muffler. Unless you toss on some aftermarket headers :D

·
Wide Ass on 20's
729 Posts
bypassing the muffler and resonators is enough for me

i had a straight pipe before and i want it back!

The on/off function is nice

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
1,574 Posts
okie so which one do i order for a 330? there are a lot of size options Y something options i dont know ...someone tell me so i can order this!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Black330ci said:
okie so which one do i order for a 330? there are a lot of size options Y something options i dont know ...someone tell me so i can order this!

WOw, this is a pretty good idea. Anyone got the specs for e46 exhausts?? How would this work w/ the dual pipes of the 325/330 cars? Would it work at all or would you need two of these?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Banana_Bread said:

WOw, this is a pretty good idea. Anyone got the specs for e46 exhausts?? How would this work w/ the dual pipes of the 325/330 cars? Would it work at all or would you need two of these?
hmm yeah.. probably we need 2 of these... :sad:

·
Registered
386 Posts
A very good idea here!! Someone talk to an aftermarket company and let's get something like this developed!!

·
Thread Hijacker!!!
360 Posts
Man, they had that feature in the old old mustangs. My friend who's into muscle cars told me that when they used to drag, he would pull a lever inside and the valve comes open and you can hear that **** a mile away. And when the race is over, you just close it up so it won't be so loud. But good idea tho for the e46. haha. Be the first for the e46 guys who ever does it.

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
1,574 Posts
i wish uuc or someone would make one of these since its in such great demand *hint* *hint*

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,143 Posts
hey
so where would u put this if u needed heat shielding?
cause someone before said u need to put it where it can shield off the heat, so where would u put it?
and would u really need 2?

·
Registered
644 Posts
lets revive this thread, i was thinking about getting one, i know people will think that its silly to get one for a $50 m3, but sometimes i like being quiet, and sometimes i like being loud, for $200 its a lot cheaper than a mild exhaust that would be settling between the two

what do others think?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts