BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 19" wheels 19*8.5 in the front and 19*9.5 in the rear on a 2002 BMW 330i, but the steering wheel shakes along with the car a bit when it gets to about 45-55. I got the wheels balanced along with an alignment. I just got the wheels and am considering taking them off because of this. Is it normal for it to shake a bit, it's nothing major but don't want to mess up the car. Thank you'll in advance for yalls help.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Get a Hunter 9700 road force balance.....if that doesnt work. Something else is wrong(wheels/suspension/steering components) Regular balancing machines dont always do the trick.

·
Registered
0 Posts
+1,000 on having them balanced again, especially since you said the vibration kicks in around 45-55 mph. That's a classic sign of an out-of-balance wheel.

If you can, go to a shop with a Hunter 9700 balancer. It's really effective at eliminating wheel vibration issues. You can find a list of shops with the Road Force GSP9700 on Hunter's website: http://www.gsp9700.com/

·
Premium Member
3,566 Posts
I had a similar problem when I went from 16" wheels to 18" wheels. For me it turned out I needed my FCABs replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts