E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

1st post on the board. I live in the Caribbean. I am purchasing a Japanese 2000 320i. Is there anything I should be wary of?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm searching but I'm not finding anything useful. It's just pulling up a bunch of off-topic threads.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello Guys,

1st post on the board. I live in the Caribbean. I am purchasing a Japanese 2000 320i. Is there anything I should be wary of?
the search button **ZING!**

but yes, tons of stuff : cooling system is at the top. But TONS of stuff :)
I'm searching but I'm not finding anything useful. It's just pulling up a bunch of off-topic threads.
Damn you TR4G.
That was unnecessary roughness towards a noob. :rofl:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is coming straight from Japan. The dealer has assured me it has never been in an accident. They also made it a priority to indicate to me that it has had all it's scheduled maintenance, looks and runs great and has a clean interior. The pics of the car are also very good.

The main reason I asked because I was told by an individual that the Japanese BMW's aren't compatible with my local BMW dealer's diagnostic tools. How true is that?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Japan has tough inspections, if the car has been on the road this long in Japan it's probably a solid car. Try to buy parts from the US. Do you drive on the right side as well in St Lucia?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
^^ With the tsunami aftermath check for flooding and radioactivity too. Good to find out where the car was registered and driven.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The main reason I asked because I was told by an individual that the Japanese BMW's aren't compatible with my local BMW dealer's diagnostic tools. How true is that?
Anyone can give me some information as to the validity of this claim?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts