BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and there was a thread with almost this exact title but there wasn't much resolution and there's a dead link in there too...

Basically, when I accelerate hard there is pulsing where the car seems to struggle. Once it gets up to around 4k rpm, the pulsing goes away.

Any ideas what it might be? I'm thinking fuel filter or spark plugs... ??

My car does need its Inspection II so I'll be changing out the fuel filter and plugs soon anyways.. is there anything else that might be causing this pulsing?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Registered
26,412 Posts
Try cleaning MAF, but I suspect you'll find that issue disappears if you unplug the MAF so it resorts to 'factory codes.'

If it does get better, then you probably just have a standard intake leak and you should check around. Lower intake boot is often the winner.

Given your mileage and maintenance plans, might not be a bad idea to do the whole cleaning bit...TB,ICV,MAF, DISA and replace rubber behind as you can.

Realoem.com --under engine...you'll find all the parts you might want.

Get the right cleaners too...TB and MAF have special cleaning chemicals you should use. The TB cleaner (basically carb cleaner NOT Brake cleaner) is okay for DISA as far as I know. ICV also TB or carb cleaner (though I may have mistakenly used brake/parts cleaner for it and it was fine).

Clean ICV particularly like you're seriously ill with ocd and not taking medication!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts