BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know a good shop in the SF BayArea that will install Pulleys? I had the pulleys for about 3 months just sitting in the trunk of my car. Or does anyone know how to install them?

TIA:thumbup:

·
Registered
408 Posts
even though theres extensive DIY on the web, im too scared to try touching that. A) i know i dont have the right tools, and b) i KNOW something will go wrong and then my car will be undrivable. Id try looking in the phone book for any german trained mechanics. Pulley installs are very easy for a trained mechanic, and i think any decent shop will do a good job for you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
really i heard some people did have problems with the fan and also the tensioner. im afraid to install it myself. anyone knows a good shop around san jose, ca??

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^
I would do the install myself, but my torque wrench's lowest setting is 25lbs. and the pulleys need to be toruqed to 16lbs. I dont wanna risk snapping the bolt and not being able to drive my car.

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
davezaristo said:
How about the place where you installed your cup kit? lol...i wonder how uneven your pulley will rotate..hahaah
They'll probably just fly off. :eeps:

I dont think it should be too hard to do, but i dont wanna go buy a torque wrench just fo this one job.

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
umnitza said:
Easy DIY if you have tools.

But here's the deal:
Artec Motorsports in SF
Competition Autowerks in San Ramon.
Thanks, But do you know any in the South Bay, if not i'll check those places out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Try Rennwerks in Mountain View. They specialize in BMW/Porsche and have lots of street high perf/racing experience and have BMW Master Technician on staff. Check out the website under same name.

Let us know what they charge.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,425 Posts
Personally I would do a DIY but if you really wanna have a shop do it I would go to Rennwerks in Mountain view. They specialize in BMW's and Porches and in fact race cars with both manufacturers. I recommend this shop to a lot of people and have been happy with their service and quality...

One more thing, they are also a qualified UUC dealer so they should know what their doing...

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll try giving Rennwerks a call tomorrow. I hope they don't charge like 200 bucks for the install. If thats the case, i'll go out and buy a small torque wrench and try and do it myself.

I don't know about going to rick. He still hasn't fixed my auto level sensor that broke when i got my car back. He said it happend while i was driving, but i doubt it. :dunno:

·
Registered
996 Posts
TeKNiC330 said:
I'll try giving Rennwerks a call tomorrow. I hope they don't charge like 200 bucks for the install. If thats the case, i'll go out and buy a small torque wrench and try and do it myself.

I don't know about going to rick. He still hasn't fixed my auto level sensor that broke when i got my car back. He said it happend while i was driving, but i doubt it. :dunno:
lol...that's a bunch of bs. It's a known mistake when playing around with the suspension. How it they break while driving? lol...
Just go buy a small torque wrench..use it..then return it!!!! i did that .. and it works..hehe :)

·
money sucking nXXGA
177 Posts
rAyZ said:

lol...that's a bunch of bs. It's a known mistake when playing around with the suspension. How it they break while driving? lol...
Just go buy a small torque wrench..use it..then return it!!!! i did that .. and it works..hehe :)
i did the same return after using the wrench to change my steering wheel....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts