E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about Getting the Bilstein PSS coilover kit from bavauto. Does anyone have these? How is the ride? they look soooo nice
appreciate any comments

anyone know install prices?

-new to the forum

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
ahhh, they look nice, but really, who is going to see them? i think bilstein is good though. Good luck with everything and welcome to the text!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have them, they are a great mod for the car. I had H&R race springs with stock sport package shocks and body roll was minimum. Later on i installed uuc sways and the car felt more crisp and tighter. Lastly, i put the pss coils on and the car was still dramitically improved. The ride is not bad, i don't mind it at all. Driving is much more fun with the coils. i give it a :thumbup: and you should not wait on getting them.

·
I know all about that...
1,715 Posts
I looked at them but the front drop wasn't enough for me, the rear drop was nice though. With the coils all the way down they look like the UUC v.1 springs.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
i have them...and yea, front drop sucks

·
frequent tire purchaser
635 Posts
Is the adjustability in ride height for the PSS the same as it is for the PSS9?

·
Registered Abuser
1,022 Posts
I have the PSS9's installed and they rule. I don't want a huge drop, so I have no problems getting them low enough. If you're mainly concerned with improved handling, you will definitely be happy. If you're looking to slam your car, you might consider something else.

·
I know all about that...
1,715 Posts
sullyz said:
Is the adjustability in ride height for the PSS the same as it is for the PSS9?

Yea its the same. You can change the dampening on the PSS9.

jersey: I have the Jawknee setup and I love my drop. I have H&R race springs in the front for the e46 and H&R race springs for the e36 M3 in the rear. Here's a pic for you to see.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
every other coil you see will be lower then pss

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks, I'm not too familiar with any other coils?
are any in the same price range as the PSS(which ones)

thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you decide to go with them, definitely check with bimmerparts.com as stated above. That will be the lowest price your find. Good luck :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts