E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sienna Red Coupe
6,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read numerous threads with people asking such questions about projector46s as "Will it void warranty?", "Are they legal?", etc. I just thought I'd share from personal experience.

First, "Will they void my warranty"?. Shortly after installing my projector46s my car was in for service, 328 cold idle problem :banghead: . My service advisor AND mechanic both noticed the aftermarket headlights. They complimented the HID's and DDE's. After seeing my aftermarket headlights, they still honored my warranty. *This may depend on your dealer, i'm sure most will respond the same way.

Second, "Are they legal"?. I took my car in for state inspection yesterday. My beams were aimed too high :evil: so they had to move them down a bit, but other than that, I passed inspection.

If you're border line getting this product for these reasons, I hope this may help influence your decision. I've had them for two months now and have yet to get out and take some pics. Maybe I ought to do that soon. The 5000k's look sick with my sienna red.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
go VA!! i want to go home :( kansas city sucks compared to DC/VA/MD area.

DDE's are totally fine, and if you have issues with state inspections in states like VA, just unplug them or if you have a switch just turn them off before state inspection. Projector46's are an awesome product that I've only heard good things about. Go buy now :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
5000k is PIMP!

DJ

DiscoStu said:
I've read numerous threads with people asking such questions about projector46s as "Will it void warranty?", "Are they legal?", etc. I just thought I'd share from personal experience.

First, "Will they void my warranty"?. Shortly after installing my projector46s my car was in for service, 328 cold idle problem :banghead: . My service advisor AND mechanic both noticed the aftermarket headlights. They complimented the HID's and DDE's. After seeing my aftermarket headlights, they still honored my warranty. *This may depend on your dealer, i'm sure most will respond the same way.

Second, "Are they legal"?. I took my car in for state inspection yesterday. My beams were aimed too high :evil: so they had to move them down a bit, but other than that, I passed inspection.

If you're border line getting this product for these reasons, I hope this may help influence your decision. I've had them for two months now and have yet to get out and take some pics. Maybe I ought to do that soon. The 5000k's look sick with my sienna red.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts