E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldnt find a thread about projector fogs in the search box, so im starting one.
im thinking about gettin them soon when i change my bumper, they look really nice, but i have no idea what the light output looks like, so if anyone has any pics or comments about them it would be great!
i did see one comment about them not being good because of a "short range of light output" but theyre fog lights not head lights, i just want them to light the ground where the head lights dont.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah those looks more like head lights then fog lights...then again im not looking for distance but more of a light scatter on the ground only so i guess i should just go with the standard ones...they look so nice though to have a projector as a fog light.
thanks for the replies and pics!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I think the output is fine if you go HID but if not, then OEM is your better bet. I have the projector fogs for the look (of the actual housing) but still thinking about going OEM.

·
Registered
67 Posts
DO NOT get these, the output is HORRIBLE. I had them, then i sold them and got OEM fogs.
Great, I am puting these in right now.

For those who do have or have already had them do I need to plug the hole that is in the middle of the projector on top? It seems that water from the road would come in since the projector itself is not atached to the outer housing and then drip onto the bulb.

I was thinking of making a tube to vent it towards the back similar to the stock fog housings.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, got them in and I think they are just fine. The light output is about the same as stock (both with hid's) but the cut off is perfect. I think that some people might argue the light output because they put light on the road out in front of the car where the stocks would light up everything around the car and a little bit on the road.

·
Registered
540i M-Sport
8,372 Posts
Well, got them in and I think they are just fine. The light output is about the same as stock (both with hid's) but the cut off is perfect. I think that some people might argue the light output because they put light on the road out in front of the car where the stocks would light up everything around the car and a little bit on the road.
Yeah I'm not sure why output would be horrible either, well except for the fact that the lens quality could be horrible on some of these guy's kits?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Put up some pics bro!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.