E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We plan on taking the orange HPF M3 to a new level this year. So far we've done pretty well at all the events we've taken the HPF M3 to, but we've been going up against full prepped track cars with a car that is designed for the street and track. So I gave the go ahead to turn this car into a track only race car. We will be running it at MFest, the Red Line Time Attack in Portland and the GTGP 2012.

We have a massive mod list on this car already, but if you have any ideas for us that aren't on this list, please let me know.

Upgrades - Target 2,800lbs (was 3,127 lbs) w/Quick Spooling 750rwhp Powerband[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

• Sleeved Block
  • High Compression Pistons .040" Underbore
  • Supertech Valve Springs w/Titanium Retainers for 9,000rpm Rev Limiter
  • Precision 71 DBB Billet Turbo - same as before
  • ACT Lightweight flywheel http://www.imgt3performance.com/products/bmw-m3-e46-act-prolite-peformance-flywheel/
  • Lexan Windows
  • Remove Door Panels
  • Remove Power windows, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, etc.
  • Remove Passenger Seat
  • Replace Gas Tank with Fuel Cell
  • Remove Dash and replace with Aimsport Display
  • ABS Removal
  • Lower Wing and make it more flat
  • Tie Roll Cage to Front Strut Towers
  • Add Halon Fire Supression
  • Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
  • Replace 3 Piece VIP wheels with Lightweight Monoblock Wheels
    [*]I have 3 sets of VIP Modular 3 piece wheels. If you want them let me know
    [*]If you have any recommendations on Lightweight Wheels that will clear massive Brembo Brakes, let me know.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I'm looking forward to giving my car a proper thrashing at the track again this year! Better have some spare parts in the trailer...hopefully I won't need them lol.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sounds like a Fun car Chris!!!

I would look into the Redline Time Attack in Portland a bit closer, from what some of our Road Race customers have told us Redline went bankrupt this year and never finished out the season :(. I am pretty sure they never even came to Portland in 2011. I know the new track up in Shelton is going to be pretty cool though!!

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pink...pffft...should be red...RED IS THE PROPER COLOR FOR AN HPF DRAG M3!!!!
Ha ha. I want it to stand out. I think Fallon driving a Pink drag M3 will definitely stand out.

Chris.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I'm selling 3 sets of VIP Modular wheels.

The 3 sets of wheels are very slightly different. All 3 sets are black (one set has chrome rivets). 2 sets are 19x10 fronts, 19x13 rears. 1 set (the drag set) is 18x13 rears and they say "DRAG" on the wheel. One of the sets is on the black widebody M3 in our shop that is in the video. I put them on that car for the photo shoot. All three sets are flawless. I'd like $3K for a set of 4.

Here's one of the sets....

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=734979

Chris.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Badass in for updates!

I vote for VOLK racing wheels. My 19" volks are lighter than 99.9% of any 19" wheel made in the same size or around the same size. Plus they arent stupid expensive. Also strong and I havent bent one yet. You know chris you used to have volks! Probably need custom ones made to fit that beast though.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
For the GTGP at Laguna Seca...how is the HPF car going to get by the exhaust noise restriction? That track strictly enforces a certain decibel limit...alot of people angle the exhaust to the inside of the track...looks retarded but works.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=887210&highlight=laguna+seca

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.