BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just programmed a new key to a new key slot in the EWS. Had a bunch of trouble actually getting the AK90 to work. At first my AK90 software wouldn't open, so I had to scour the internet to find another version, found a working version for my laptop, then had trouble getting the AK90 actually read the EWS but finally got it to. Now I'm running into another problem, my new key will not start the car unless the original key started the car just prior. I'm guessing because the immobilizer was disarmed from using the original. I put the EWS back into the car and buttoned everything up because honestly after 3 hours I was tired of screwing with it. Anyways, after coming back in, I decided to throw the original key, and new key into the AK90 just to see if they were reading correctly. Upon further inspection I noticed the new key's KM is literally doubled, the VIN, and serial are off by a couple letters and numbers as seen below

Original Key:

New Key:

How can I go about fixing this and finally getting this new key to work? This new key was assigned to slot 6, so I'm not really sure how the VIN and everything else got screwed up in the process.

·
Registered
2001 330xi
686 Posts
I had exactly the same problem with a bunch of keys and after several tries, please update here when you find a solution!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts