E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the pump gas numbers at 12.5psi....notice...no smoothing! :)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
:yikes::yikes:!!! can you do custom tunes on S/C setups?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Nice, what octane? Looks like boost tapered down from 15psi @ 72mph to ~12.5 at 120mph -- is that to be expected or just the initial results?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, what octane? Looks like boost tapered down from 15psi @ 72mph to ~12.5 at 120mph -- is that to be expected or just the initial results?
91 octane, yes it makes a bit more when it hits the gate...not quite 15, but it makes it's peak power at 12.5. I didn't get crazy with the tune...it's safe. :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
How did you get pretty much the same whp with 5 less psi over the aem. Def awesome!!! I want this. I was thinking of going to 2.75 but Ive changed my mind and now want this before I get a bigger turbo and exhuast.

So for us 2.5 guys, what will we all need to add, injectors, what pump...etc

·
Registered
141 Posts
Very Nice. I wonder what the numbers would be on a Stage 1 HPF kit on 91 Pump Gas with your ProEFI setup.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did you get pretty much the same whp with 5 less psi over the aem. Def awesome!!! I want this. I was thinking of going to 2.75 but Ive changed my mind and now want this before I get a bigger turbo and exhuast.

So for us 2.5 guys, what will we all need to add, injectors, what pump...etc
If your going to run the same fuel, you won't have to change anything in the fuel system. To be able to run a true flex fuel and a full mix of e85, you will want FIC 1100cc injectors (what we are using), an addtional Bosch 044 pump (not in line), modify the stock hat, modify the stock rail, and add a regulator, plus the flex fuel kit option with the ProEFI. Saad racing is making a complete fuel kit for the flex fuel setup, you can contact [email protected] for pricing information.

I have some plans for my car with the GT40, so I will have the stock pump, plus two 044's. I will also be installing a direct port nitrous kit as well! :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Love it... I'll pull the trigger when I see a 2.5-3 build with methanol in the mix and retaining my HPF warranty.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I def want to be able to run the e85, Racegas plus meth numbers on cheaper then regular 93 fuel. So a 044 In tank? along with the Walbro inline? plus the injectors. Dont sound like to much. Im guessing once HPF releases the PRO for the HPF turbo kit they will include these things to make it full e85 complient

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I def want to be able to run the e85, Racegas plus meth numbers on cheaper then regular 93 fuel. So a 044 In tank? along with the Walbro inline? plus the injectors. Dont sound like to much. Im guessing once HPF releases the PRO for the HPF turbo kit they will include these things to make it full e85 complient
Stock in tank pump, with an external 044, two seperate fuel lines. The hat needs modified to make this work. Running two pumps in line with each other limits the volume. You get great pressure, but not near enough volume.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Stock in tank pump, with an external 044, two seperate fuel lines. The hat needs modified to make this work. Running two pumps in line with each other limits the volume. You get great pressure, but not near enough volume.
Unless I'm mistaken the Stage 3 has the upgrade fuel rail, two fuel lines and a few pumps to boot. Not the bosch 044 but I believe 3 walboros.

Could you essentially up the injectors on the Stage 3 and be pretty much good to go w/ProEFI + E85?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Unless I'm mistaken the Stage 3 has the upgrade fuel rail, two fuel lines and a few pumps to boot. Not the bosch 044 but I believe 3 walboros.

Could you essentially up the injectors on the Stage 3 and be pretty much good to go w/ProEFI + E85?
Possibly, I am not familiar with how they did that fuel kit. The stock rail is PLENTY big for whatever you want to do...it just needs modified to accept lines at both ends of the rail. We closed off the stock feed, and put -6 a/n fittings on each end.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts