E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my proclip yesterday.
i got the center mount and the holder for my ipod mini.

i tried to install it and had some trouble.
for those of you who are aware with how the clips attach it says to push the top part in till you here it lock under the trim.

i was pushing till my hands nearly fell off and nothing clicked.
i am scarded to either crack or scrath my trim from pushing too hard.

my other problem is the aux audio wire.
i have it in teh glovebox atttached to the bmw jack.
know i dont know where to run it that it can be clean and easy accesible.

thanks for your help

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the proclip mount that sits to the right of the headunit and Air controls.
I got it to wedge into the side lining but also never got the top part to click behind the trim. I think the cube trim on the ZHP may be a lttle thicker than other ones so I think that might be my problem. But it is sturdy enough without being clicked behind the trim.

·
PRUVEIT
72 Posts
Here is a pic of mine...

Basically, they provided a shim tool to make a little gap between the components to slip the lip in. If you don't have the tool, try a knife. Once it is in, it just clips, and the bottom part can then be worked in.
JP

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
I know this is old, but just to add to the original question.

It took me forever to get it to clip on the top. You have to use plyers and unbend that little trim piece a bit. Then push it in, it will clip in. Careful not to break it off when ur unbending them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.