BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while leavin from my friends house just now... picking something up...

i restarted my bimmer... i notice a lot of stuff bout my bimmer btw.. abnormal shiet that ppl dont usually notice bout their cars...

cuz uhhh.... my car look longer to start than it normally did... i had to keep the key turned for extra long... and i was like
wtf?

so i turned it off and tried again... some thing... i go o well... i start to drive... engine shuts off... DerRrR

i start it again after putting it in park... start to drive again... engine light comes on... engine shuts off...

go it again... works well for about a block... BAM... no more engine... midway in a turn... no more power steering...

ok.... what the hell is wrong?!!??!

after that time... it worked the whole way home but the service engine soon sign came on... ****

help me! i cant make do w/o my bimmer...!!!

i dont want it at the dealer for the weekend cuz i was planning on goin to the meet on sunday

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
My car just shut off on me last night too. :huh: I was waiting in a drive-thru, and I just revved the car slightly, just to watche the needle bounce between 500 & 1500 RPMs...and the car just shut off! WTF?! I turned the car back on, drove away, and no problems...:dunno:

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,326 Posts
take it to the dealer..forget the meet you gonna embaress urself when ur not able to get home from the meet. get it checked out ASAP ..cuz it does sounds like a real problem..

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
MachRc said:
take it to the dealer..forget the meet you gonna embaress urself when ur not able to get home from the meet. get it checked out ASAP ..cuz it does sounds like a real problem..
Good point! :thumbup: You don't want the problem to become any worse.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok

new ssituation....

no more engine service soon light...

and no more shutting down...

i dont kno wat it was... i tightened the gas cap... and then i turned on the car and it was fine... drove it around... it was fine... service light went off when i turned the car on...
it seems perfectly fine now

·
Registered
279 Posts
Azn328i said:
ok

new ssituation....

no more engine service soon light...

and no more shutting down...

i dont kno wat it was... i tightened the gas cap... and then i turned on the car and it was fine... drove it around... it was fine... service light went off when i turned the car on...
it seems perfectly fine now
was the gas cap off or really loose?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BAVARIAN323i said:
misfiring?
This has happened to a few people...
Bring it in
misfiring!?
is that wats happening?
the engine light is off now when i turn on the car... should i still bring it in?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts