E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
firstable i have a 2000 bmw 323ci 5 speed. its my daily driver and i always keep all the mantanaice up to date... now 2 days ago i started my car ,, just like any other day in the morning.. and right away i noticed that the engine was shaking ..... whitin 1 min the SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT came on, .. i started driving the car and of course it was still shaking and the light was still on,, after 20 Min, the car stop shaking and everything was feeling normal again. I Took my car to the mechanic to check which code was the car trowing and the code that came up was P0303 MISfire in cyl#2 ,, however since that day my car has been running perfect, and i didnt had to do anythig to it .. all i did was clear the codes but everything seems normal on the car.. but im scare sumethig is wrong with it ... ANYONE OUT THERE HAVING THIS ISSUE?? let me know what you guys did or ...???:hmm:

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,645 Posts
When I have a misfire, first thread I'd read is jfoj's (see his sig), and also, search for 'engine shaking when cold' maybe even in the thread title "shaking cold" something like that.

Disconnect your maf for fun. If it runs better, it's either maf or an intake leak.

Clean maf. If you have AM oiled filter, go back to plain paper filter is my advice. Look for leaks...use a hose as stethoscope...sometimes you can hear them.

HTH

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I have a misfire, first thread I'd read is jfoj's (see his sig), and also, search for 'engine shaking when cold' maybe even in the thread title "shaking cold" something like that.

Disconnect your maf for fun. If it runs better, it's either maf or an intake leak.

Clean maf. If you have AM oiled filter, go back to plain paper filter is my advice. Look for leaks...use a hose as stethoscope...sometimes you can hear them.

HTH
THANKS, BUT this has only happen to me once ..

·
Registered
802 Posts
If it was coming up as a misfire, do the basics, and check plugs and wires. Possibly a short in the wire to #2 causing it, which has since shaken itself back to shape causing it to stop shaking. But you have the code of what caused it, so start diagnosing from there.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,645 Posts
It was a one-time event and hasn't happened since, so until it does, call this your 'lucky days.' You'll get a few of them with your car.

Start reading up and making sure you're up on the basics. Plugs, yes...at 100K miles...and coil boots (you don't need coils).

Air filter, fuel filter, Techron in the tank. Vacuum out air box for me please, and clear the drains by your hood plungers.

Get you know your car better by reading this forum and not OT so much (if you do)!

A single misfire could just as likely be you being in too low a gear giving it lots of gas going up a hill. If it returns, get codes read again...but take care of the basics leisurely while you have time. Right now, I'm sensing that you have 29 days to at least wash it.

Techron.

Also, you're not Fern Green, are you? If so, disregard what I said!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.