BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I had the MAF clip connector on my BMW E46 316i 2001 broken, which I think was letting in some Air and hence the reason why I was getting error code p0170 (fuel trim), I changed the MAF sensor completely. As soon as that was changed, then I kept getting error code p0101 mass or volume air flow circuit range/performance, I used my program to clear it and that since went away without coming back again. This was exactly 2 weeks ago.

During this weekend, I was driving at between 35 – 50 MPH and roads that aren’t that great/smooth, as soon as I got home, I noticed that DTC light coming on by the dash, next morning I ran a scan and the following errors came up:

p0101 mass or volume air flow circuit range/performance
p0170 fuel trim
p0340 camshaft position sensor A Circuit

I have cleared this once, but it looks like its not going to go. I drove on another road doing about 50 miles an hour and the light came on yesterday again. I have not seen error code p0340 before, this is the first time that this came on, i.e after I have changed the mass air flow.

Now, I am thinking why am I getting a series of sensor problems. Is this normal, bearing in mind that the car is 7 years old.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Check for vacuum leaks. Use a gauge or carb cleaner and also make sure all your electrical connections are tight and connected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts