BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I turn on the front defroster, the temperature seems to be set on hot by default. Is this normal? My automatic climate control is usually set on 65. But when I turn on the front defroster, it stays on 65 but it's definitely warmer than that. It blows out hot air. Plus the fan is on high. I then turn down the fan but the air that blows out is still pretty high (hot).

Is anyone having this problem?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Yep, that'd be the defroster for you. It's assuming u have frost u want melted and boy does it go at it. If you just want a nice constant stream of air at whatever temp u pick then select the top vents manually (on the upper left side of the climate control) instead of using the defroster button.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your responses. Feel better now. Thought I needed to bring the car in for service. Weird that the front defroster gets so hot though even when I set it at the lowest setting of 59 degrees.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
If you keep the "auto" on you won't need to use the defroster unless you are trying to melt something that's already on their. Check out the owners manual, ang btw, you don't need the a/c on while using auto to be effective.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I noticed this the other day... assumed it was a "feature" because I could manually adjust the temperature up there if I chose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts