BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone I need help about my signal indicator on, on the cluster.
I have 1999 323i that come without Xenon Headlight and I do change them with the Xenon Headlight and everything was fine after the installation, but I do have a problem with the cluster on the car, When I start the engine, the cluster shows me that those litte light icons is on, it seem like the bulb need to be replace and when I turn on the headlight those litte light icons will be off (normal), would anyone help me through your experience?

Thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts
need to get them reflashed at your dealer. if you can live with the dash lights like i do its not a problem

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
ya just go to the dealer and see if they will have them set so they dont turn on. This brought something up to my attention. I swapped out my halogens for oem xenons and my dash light never came on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for all of the commands, but wait a minute....
I have seen one of the E46 Members posted that he has the same problem when he swap his halogen headlight to OEM Xenon but he said his problem was solved by pull up the fuse, but I don't know which fuse should I pull it up if anyone have any idea.

Thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
don't pull the fuse, it basically disables the onboard computer that tells you when things are wrong with the car. just get it flashed, or get those things bekkers sells

·
Banned
2,591 Posts
e46stock,

how much did you pay for your xenons?

PS. Pull fuse #32 or get it flashed at your local dealership.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have brought this OEM Xenon headlight from back home, and it cost me about $1000 Canadian Dollar but it is used from someone who bought this Xenon for a Car Show and basically is a brand new unit just used about a month from the original owner but he juat need quick cash at that time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer Result

I spoke to one dealer here in Canada and they said basically if the car doesn't come with Xenon, it will be no way to reprogram because when they check with their computer, it will tell them that the car has no xenon, would that be make sense to you guys?

·
ninja edit
168 Posts
sorry to hijack but, on the pre face lift sedans, if you put oem xenons to replace the regular halogens, would the light in the dash just occur or will there flicker as welll?? And the same question with the face lifted ones, will it flicker or will the light just come on?

Thanks,

Will-

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
i have this same problem. the light stays on until i turn on the xenons. then they turn off. i went to the dealership and they said that i have to run a 98 dollar diagnostic test. what kind of bull is that? any way around this?

·
Registered
400 Posts
just have them reprogram the setting into your car. that was what i did. they can do it if ppl on this board have had the dealers done it any dealership can. their just trying to BS you so that they can rip you off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts