E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Manwhore
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if this is a problem or what, but when i put my climate control at like 62 (heat) on auto... then when it gets really hot in the car, it still wont shut off or lower the fan, i have to manually do it. I mean the lowest setting i can go is 59 in my car, and thats still hot and wont lower the fan once the car is hot as hell.

any ideas? :dunno: Did i even make sense? :tongue:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Be sure the "Auto" button green light is on. It is possible to just set it to a temperature and then set the fan manually to whatever level you want. Just push the "Auto" button and the fan should go up/down when appropriate. If that is not the problem just take it in to the dealer. I've heard stories of people having trouble with their automatic temperature controls.

-Cardinal

·
Registered
13 Posts
BMW Service Bulliten SI B64 05 02 Headting and Air Conditioning
December 2002 Service Engineering

SUBJECT
IHKA Blows Too Hot at Temperatuers Below 32°F

MODEL
E46 (3 Series) Vehicles from 4/02

SITUATION
At ambient temperatuers below 0°C (32°F), the IHKA heats at maximum capacity, and doesn't regulate temerpatuer. Customers complain that the car gets too hot.

CAUSE
The instrument cluster sends and incorrect ambient temperature over the K-bus. At 0°C, the K-bus signal is -45°C.

CORRECTION
No fix is available at the present time. Do not replace parts, this will not remedy the problem.

This Service Information will be updated as soon as a fix is available.

[ Copyright © 2002 BMW of North America, LLC ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.