BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my GruppeM a few days ago.
I love the sound it makes....and I could even feel the little extra push in the lower gears. But I think the car sounds "too fast" and not moving fast enough:eek:

Anyhow, I have '03 330Ci step with M3 bumper and brake ducts. I thought if I make some holes in the ducts, it would improve the sound and the performance....because I must admit, the car seemed pretty sluggish on the freeway compared to stock air fiter.
I did this this morning hoping that it would perform a little better...

But here's the problem....I could notice this especially on the freeway....I use the step manual most of my drving and when I floor the gas around 70mph in 5th gear, the car does not move, the rpm does not move~! It used to be much more responsive and faster w/ stock filter.... And one time, when I pressed on at around 80mph the rpm started to go up for a second and it dropped about 500rpm...even though I was stepping on it...
Like a power dip....I experience this in 4th and 5th gear in 65mph+....seems like GruppeM improved the response below 60mph very slightly, but dropped the performance by a lot above 60...

Anyone else with this problem?:confused:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Reset the car by unplugging battery... then drive the car hard for 5-10 minutes and it should be fine. Probably the air sensor freaking out...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've already driven the car more than 350 miles with the GruppeM...I usually drive about 120miles/day. And trust me, I've driven it hard after the CAI...

Nope, no warning lights....I've been very careful when installing b/c I didn't want to mess up the MAF.

any other suggestions?
am I the only one who's experiencing this?

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have the gruppe m and dunt have any problems yet. But when i installed it i did not reset the ecu, because of my audio system. So they told me to ride it out till the ecu learns. and now im loving it:thumbup:

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,694 Posts
reset ur ecu

To really feel benefits u need software + intake.
After u put ur intake in, you need to reset ur ecu...Something with turning the key and leaving it on, then turning ur key on again...something weird...search it, it does make a difference....
ur car will only push like 4 extra hp without the software...from what ive heard
-ALex

·
next mod: recaro child seat
2,332 Posts
you should feel more gains at highway speed since it is getting more air forced on it at a greater velocity...something ain't right....try the ECU reset; sounds like the car maybe starving for fuel w/the increased air flow....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys...

I heard that the reset ECU by key ignition does not work and is really a myth.
But anyhow, even though I did not reset ECU when I installed it, shouldn't it have learned and adopted by now?
I've driven about 350 miles with it, and from what I know, the ECU learns and adopts after 200 miles, which is better than ECU.

oh well, I guess I'll try the reset today and see what happens...

anyone else?

·
INDEED
1,135 Posts
try driving in SD mode and see if it has the same lag...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts