BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning (~ 10 degrees F), when I went out to start my car -- 2001 BMW 330ci-- some of the interior lights (overhead) and indicator lights on the dashboard flashed as I turned over the ignition key. The car did not turn over, and all I heard was sort of a very slight clicking noice. :banghead:

I had a very similar experience today.

Does anyone know what this is? My first thought is the battery...

Any thoughts/suggestions/insight would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
370 Posts
agreed, dead battery. it's old enough now that it doesn't have the cold cranking amps (CCA) capable for starting your car in this cold of weather. next step, search for the battery replacement threads! =]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Autozone Battery

Yesterday morning (~ 10 degrees F), when I went out to start my car -- 2001 BMW 330ci-- some of the interior lights (overhead) and indicator lights on the dashboard flashed as I turned over the ignition key. The car did not turn over, and all I heard was sort of a very slight clicking noice. :banghead:

I had a very similar experience today.

Does anyone know what this is? My first thought is the battery...

Any thoughts/suggestions/insight would be much appreciated.

Like everyone else said. I'd go to Autozone, they have a battery that fits and it use to be 1/2 the cost. You'll need to install it but it's easy. They should also sell a battery adaptor so you can put an 8V battery to back up the radio memory while you switch out batteries....this way you won't have to enter your code into the radio.

If you search Autozone Battery you'll find the one you need.

Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys! This is exactly what I needed (and quite frankly, wanted) to hear. (as opposed to alternator, or some other crazy problem).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts