BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer is asking for $700-800 to install factory alarm on my 2002 325ci. Is that really the going price? And anyone know where I can get OEM alarm so I could install it myself? Thanks

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,582 Posts
i got mine used for like 50 bux. there is a DIY at www.bmw330i.com after that just goto ur dealer and have them activated. i paid 45 at the dealer for the activation.

·
call me kev :D
6,179 Posts
lilherc79 said:
i got mine used for like 50 bux. there is a DIY at www.bmw330i.com after that just goto ur dealer and have them activated. i paid 45 at the dealer for the activation.
dude.. programming is free man. you got jipped :eeps: :eeps: :eeps:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Get the alarm kit from Circle BMW or Pacific BMW for about $225. $700-$800 is an incredible rip-off---probably takes them about 30 minutes to install.

[dude.. programming is free man. you got jipped] Not all dealers will activate it for free. My dealer did it free too, but it seems like $40-$50 is pretty common...

·
Banned
1,693 Posts
<--- look at my title

Yeah they are right about the programming. You could always tell the dealer that it just stopped working. A friend of mine did that and they re-activated it for him. If you need any help installing it, let me know - I would be glad to help!

AdamR

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
hi i just got my 2003m3 my alarm was

595.00 installed i am in new york
hope it helps you i herd the alarm you can get it for as low as
300.00 in certain dealerships
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,693 Posts
Re: hi i just got my 2003m3 my alarm was

C'mon people install it yourself! If you are local I will give you a hand otherwise I have a digital camera and can still help!!

AdamR

bobm3 said:
595.00 installed i am in new york
hope it helps you i herd the alarm you can get it for as low as
300.00 in certain dealerships
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
pacific bmw

i got mine from pacific bmw for $219. tell them you saw an add in the latest bimmer mag for that price. lowest price i saw it for. got it about a month ago!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got mine from circle BMW for $225.
I downloaded the installation diagram from circle BMW web site. It took me less than 30mins to install. I had the dealer activate it for free.
My local dealer quoted me $600 installed.
Most of the instalation was very easy. It is pre wired so you only have to plug the parts in and tighten a couple screws. There is 3 parts to plug in. One in the trunk (the tilt sensor). One in the interior compartment roof(the motion sensor). And one in the engine compartment(the siren). The siren was the most difficult. Not too dificult but it was a pain in the neck. Even still, it took less than 30 mins. Good luck

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all, I didn't know it was that easy and everything was prewired. I just ordered OEM alarm from Circle BMW. Hope I can find a dealer that will activate mine for free :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
hp2025 said:
My dealer is asking for $700-800 to install factory alarm on my 2002 325ci. Is that really the going price? And anyone know where I can get OEM alarm so I could install it myself? Thanks
You save at least $400 if you buy it from internet and install it your self

I got the alarm from PacificBMW.com for $267 shipped and got free activation from the dealer. (i'm just lucky here, most people got charged $50 for programming fee)

good luck

·
Registered
277 Posts
i paid $239 shipped from pacific bmw for a e46 alarm! wonder why there's such a difference in the prices people pay?! aren't there laws against that?!

·
Banned
1,693 Posts
DUDE! Installing yourself is the best way to go.

225$ - Price for parts
0-40$ - Activation
0$ - Install
Knowing you did it yourself - Priceless.

blackbimmer said:
I got mine installed at a local dealer for $450
(including parts + installment + activation).
AdamR

1 - 15 of 15 Posts