E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im new to this board, as a benz driver, im glad not to see a lot of benz haters on this board unlike roadfly, well.......my girlfriend wants a 325ci and i was wondering should i wait for the 2004 or buy a 2003, do dealers negotiate from MSRP or invoice, i want to get one with all the options, i know MSRP is around 38k, how much should i expect to pay for this car, also i want white on tan leather if color matters like it does with mercedes, sorry for the long post, TIA

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Considered the new M-B C230 K SEDAN? (04 model yr)
If BMW 325Ci coupe then wait for the 04 model (minor facelift)
Also, Audi A4 1.8T coupe (04 model)

Given all the choices, I'd wait for a 04 model. All are relatively similarly priced (A4 is slightly cheaper).

·
Registered
930 Posts
elephatitis said:
hi, im new to this board, as a benz driver, im glad not to see a lot of benz haters on this board unlike roadfly, well.......my girlfriend wants a 325ci and i was wondering should i wait for the 2004 or buy a 2003, do dealers negotiate from MSRP or invoice, i want to get one with all the options, i know MSRP is around 38k, how much should i expect to pay for this car, also i want white on tan leather if color matters like it does with mercedes, sorry for the long post, TIA
wait for 2004.
38K fully loaded...you realize the base 330 has a lot of options standard for 35K approx....compare and contrast....330ci+premium package=close to 38K...?a lot more power in 330...just my 2 cents

·
Registered
930 Posts
VALMONT said:
my fully loaded (except step) 2003 325Ci was 39,440 on the sticker

paid 41,400 with CD changer
Valmont,

I considered the loaded 325ci option and ended with a 330ci (metalic paint,NAV system, Bixennons,Sports package) for 40K....then i did ED and saved 2.5K.....(well,not really because i spent the 2.5 K on my European trip).

·
Read Only
1,845 Posts
I think the dealers tend to negotiate from msrp, and you'll probabaly pay something really close to it since they really don't make too much money on the 3 series (except the M3). The msrp on my car w/sp, pp, xenon, and step was 41185 and I paid 39750 + tax for it... If you go to Sterling BMW in Newport, ask for David Smith, he's a good guy :thumbup:

·
The De46vil's Army
16,344 Posts
sterling is good for purchase not for service, irvine parts dept gets busy as a bit*h, sterling is quiet.

·
Registered
534 Posts
i paid 35,700 out the door for mine.

i have sport package, xenons, power seats, and sunroof. what more do you really need??

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,341 Posts
if money is no issue wait for the facelift..it would sux to get a new car and end up seeing a newer model in the showroom floor coupla months later. but im sure you can work a great deal right before the facelift order ..I think march?? april?? if you plan to get the non facelift model..

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Damn 41k? That seems high to me even with those options.

For my 2001 325ci with Titanium, Premium, Sport, Xenon, Leather, heated seats, CD, HK Upgrade, and Steptronic, I paid $35400. Out the door after taxes was $36800! Did prices increase that much since 2001?????? Ok add $500 or even $1k cost differential, plus $200 extra for the bi-xenon, $500 for full cold weather package over my just heated seats, and what $500 for rear airbags and you should have probably walked out the door at around $38-39k out the door.

A good deal will be 2.5-3.5 percent over invoice. A average deal will be 4-5 percent over invoice. Anything over 5 percent over invoice is pure gravy for the dealer.

·
Unregistered User
446 Posts
VALMONT said:
my fully loaded (except step) 2003 325Ci was 39,440 on the sticker

paid 41,400 with CD changer
:yikes: i'm paying $34xxx for my '03 330ci stripper version. :eeps: only options are SP, bi-xenons and wood trim.

of course, that's the price with the euro delivery discount and all but my sticker is still $38 something thousand. i guess i'm just a sucker for more power, and my 'stripper' :lmao: still has pretty much everything i need like power seats, air, hk stereo..

good choice on the color! mine is going to be alpine white as well. :thumbup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
hmmm..... i hella regret paying so much for my 325ci. ive paid 39000 out the door with step,sport, premium, xenons, alarm, and lojack. It was 37 and change and then i added the alarm and lojack. i shouldve installed the alarm myslef and saved 500 bucks. Whatever. i got the car i wanted without the wait in a week. Go to New Century BMW and talk to Eddie. Hes the only sales rep there worth talking to and hes a really good guy. I shoulve gotten a 330.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yafool.....whats the color combination for your car??? that what i want to get, sport, premium, xenons.....no need for the rear bags, navigation, or HK.......what about 2004??? if i order the car, will they budge off MSRP when it comes in??? or that what im going to buy the car for since its brand new and there is a low supply on it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
hey, my car is a jet black with black leather interior. I rather have the 2003 look then the 2004. I would just get a 2003.

·
Registered
423 Posts
PM me

1 - 20 of 22 Posts