E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My supermesh, along with everyone else's wheels, get dirty super quick. I've tried spraying them down with wheel cleaner, then hosing them off, but it doesn't even come close to getting all the dirt off. Do you guys think spraying them down with cleaner, then pressure washing them would be a good idea, or do you think it would eat the finish? I want a somewhat quick and easy way of cleanin my wheels properly.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
109 Posts
dont pressure wash them. Use the cleaner then get a soft brush and wet it alittle and then just wipe the wheel. Gets them really clean.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i pressure wash my rimis from time to time just dont use too much pressure or you will strip off you finish but it dose wounders

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I use the Dupont Zymol Wheel Cleaner. This stuff is nice. I spray my rims about every other month. This stuff repells the dust. Inbetween the Zymol, I just hose the rims off with water (no spray) or use soap and water. This stuff is great. Before I was spending 30 minutes scrubbing those dayum rims, messing up my manicure. Now I Zymol it :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I need to try that Zymol stuff. I bought a pressure washer with the specific reason to clean the wheels quickly from alll the brake dust. I bought a 1750 psi and I was surprised as hell to find out that it barely removed any of the brake dust from the rims. Maybe I should have sprayed on some cleaner and let it sit before I presuure washed them, but, without the cleaner it definitely did not work. I took the PW back !!!!

saxual328ci said:
I use the Dupont Zymol Wheel Cleaner. This stuff is nice. I spray my rims about every other month. This stuff repells the dust. Inbetween the Zymol, I just hose the rims off with water (no spray) or use soap and water. This stuff is great. Before I was spending 30 minutes scrubbing those dayum rims, messing up my manicure. Now I Zymol it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts