E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
President & CEO of BMW NA is Coming to Bimmerfest 2012 Driving the All New M6 Coupe

BMW NA president and CEO drives BMW M6 to Bimmerfest

Bimmerfest, the largest BMW car show in North America is host to many rare and special BMWs and attendees, however, this year we have a very special car and a very special guest. BMW of North America President and CEO Ludwig Willisch will be our guest of honor and he knows how to make an entrance. Driving the only BMW M6 coupe in the country, painted dazzling Sakhir Orange, you're not going to want to miss his entrance at 1:00pm. After Mr. Willisch rolls the M6 into the show he will be speaking to the crowd so make sure you're by the main stage at 1:00pm.

Willisch was appointed the BMW of North American President last October and is the man behind all sales, marketing and distribution of BMWs and MINIs in North America. BMW enthusiasts are in good hands with Willisch at the helm. His previous jobs at BMW include heading European sales and serving as president of the much loved BMW M division.

2012 BMW M6 convertible

It is fitting that the former head of BMW M will drive the latest M car into Bimmerfest 2012 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks. The 2013 M6 coupe is the only one in the country and looks amazing in Sakhir Orange. The 2013 M6 Coupe will join the 2012 M6 convertible already on display at Bimmerfest. You're not going to want to miss the latest BMW M cars. Both the M6 coupe and convertible are powered by a twin turbo V8 putting out a staggering 560hp and 500 ft-lbs of torque. The convertible goes on sale this June and the coupe will join it in August.

Read more about the BMW M6 Coupe and Convertible

Bimmerfest 2012 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks takes place on May 19th at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. In its 13th year Bimmerfest is the largest BMW exclusive car show in North America and attracts over 2000 BMWs ranging from the classics to the latest and greatest. All BMWs and BMW enthusiasts are welcome! We ask that you simply RSVP so we know you're coming.

Register for Bimmerfest 2012 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
nice, the one from the NYIAS. id prefer to see the blue drop top though.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice, the one from the NYIAS. id prefer to see the blue drop top though.
That is also going to be there :) The M6 vert will be at the BMW booth all day along with the great cars from their Fan Zone truck. The M6 coupe is the only one in the country and Mr. Willisch wants to drive it in himself. Having sat in the car at the NY Auto Show I can understand why.

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,392 Posts
Such a beautiful car, and what an honor!

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's kool
i don't know if it's the pictures but i think i like the old bodystyle better
it's smaller and sportier
this one seems sportier but seems a bit big like the m5's
does anyone know if they share the same engines as m5's too still
E64 M6 Coupe length/width/height - 191.8/73/54
F13 M6 Coupe length/width/height - 192.8/74.8/53.9
F10 M5 Sedan length/width/height - 193.5/74.4/57.3

The new M6 soundly trumps the out going E63 / E64 M6 coupe and convertible in the power department.

• The new engine is shared between the M5 and the M6 and has the highest output ever generated by an ///M car. The 4.4-liter V8 engine features M Twin Power technology and features a ton of power.
    Horsepower peaks out at 560 horsepower at 5,750 - 7,000 RPMs and 500 lb-ft of torque is available between 1,500 and 5,750 rpm
  • Power output is up 10%, maximum torque is up 30% and the car consumes roughly 30% less fuel than it's E63/E64 predecessor
  • 0 to 62 is achieved in 4.2 seconds in the coupe and 4.3 second in the convertible
  • 0 to 124 takes 12.6 seconds for the coupe and 13.1 for the convertible
  • Standard Front brakes measure in at 15.7 inches with the rear brakes just a hair smaller at 15.6 inches

More info -> http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600282

·
Registered
829 Posts
E64 M6 Coupe length/width/height - 191.8/73/54
F13 M6 Coupe length/width/height - 192.8/74.8/53.9
F10 M5 Sedan length/width/height - 193.5/74.4/57.3

The new M6 soundly trumps the out going E63 / E64 M6 coupe and convertible in the power department.

• The new engine is shared between the M5 and the M6 and has the highest output ever generated by an ///M car. The 4.4-liter V8 engine features M Twin Power technology and features a ton of power.
    Horsepower peaks out at 560 horsepower at 5,750 - 7,000 RPMs and 500 lb-ft of torque is available between 1,500 and 5,750 rpm
  • Power output is up 10%, maximum torque is up 30% and the car consumes roughly 30% less fuel than it's E63/E64 predecessor
  • 0 to 62 is achieved in 4.2 seconds in the coupe and 4.3 second in the convertible
  • 0 to 124 takes 12.6 seconds for the coupe and 13.1 for the convertible
  • Standard Front brakes measure in at 15.7 inches with the rear brakes just a hair smaller at 15.6 inches

More info -> http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600282

very informational... thanks :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
7k rpm? turbos? Why so... NOT BMW?!?! 10k rpm... v10... 600hp = what this should be. EPIC FAIL. Bring your nails and hammers. I'll forge a cross!

·
Registered
98,874 Posts
Can't wait. :)

·
Registered
25,549 Posts
:bow:

·
Registered
280 Posts
awesome looking car! huuuuuge brakes too, 15.7 inches :yikes:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hey Guys, I got to help out with the M6 'vert and 640i Grand Coupe Launch outside of Santa Barbara, and I got to drive the M6 Coupe... Needless to say, it is a BEAST! Can't wait for it to hit the roads here in a few weeks. Also, got extensive time behind the wheel of the M6 'vert and I fell in love. Highly recommend anyone check it out if they can.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You were there as well, very cool! The M6 is a beast! Here is my driving review -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622798

Tim

Hey Guys, I got to help out with the M6 'vert and 640i Grand Coupe Launch outside of Santa Barbara, and I got to drive the M6 Coupe... Needless to say, it is a BEAST! Can't wait for it to hit the roads here in a few weeks. Also, got extensive time behind the wheel of the M6 'vert and I fell in love. Highly recommend anyone check it out if they can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts