BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling a pair of prefacelift bi xenons. They are in perfect condition. Bought them from Jack here on the forums. Never ended up using them. Until now they have been in the box that Jack sent them in. I decided to stick with my original halogen headlamps considering I wouldnt be able to use high beams with the bi xenon set up.

I would like $550 for them.
I would rather a local sale.
Thank you

Questions Call me at 917 559 4177 -Alan

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have an 01 m3 vert, but only factory halogens: why wouldn't you be able to use the factory high beams if wired with plug and play harenesses?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a wiring mod you would have to do. I don't have the time or patience to do it. Hopefully someone will chime in with some info as to how you can achieve this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have an 01 m3 vert, but only factory halogens: why wouldn't you be able to use the factory high beams if wired with plug and play harenesses?
You can use the factory high beam. The set-up will be the same as it is with halogens. Xenon light will be used for the low beam and have a halogen high beam. The wiring mod will have to be done if you want to utilize the bi-xenon feature for the high beam also. You will most likely have to get the car flashed or use bulb cancelers.

To get technical, these lights are not set-up for M3 use. They would need to have the driver side ballast holder swapped out for one with the extended wires. As it doesn't mount on the bottom of the light when installed.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hope im not hi-jacking
Just want to know if someone can clear something up for me.
Can the pre-facelift headlight fit the facelift e46 sedan if the lens and inside trim are swoped out?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hope im not hi-jacking
Just want to know if someone can clear something up for me.
Can the pre-facelift headlight fit the facelift e46 sedan if the lens and inside trim are swoped out?
A better place for this question would probably have been in the lighting section of the tuning and tech forum not the classifieds but since it's here.... and it provides a bump for a good guy :)

Can you just take a pre-facelift sedan light and put it on a facelift sedan? No.

You can swap the lenses and inner trims to allow it to look like a facelift style light. But the facelift corner light is a different style which means different fender shape and different mounting style. It can be done but there will have to be modifications to the corner light and headlight housing as it doesn't mount they don't mount the same way.

But you could take these light for sale here per-say and swap the inner trim and lenses for those with a facelift sedan trims and lenses and put them on a facelift sedan

·
Registered
0 Posts
thanx jack.

Heres another bump for the man. :)

So i could fit these to my facelift sedan, changing the inner trim and lenses. Then i would just have to modify to fit the indicator fitment. Am i right

:bow:

·
Registered
104 Posts
thanx jack.

Heres another bump for the man. :)

So i could fit these to my facelift sedan, changing the inner trim and lenses. Then i would just have to modify to fit the indicator fitment. Am i right

:bow:
If you have a 2002 or later sedan no change in the corner light or the housing would be needed. Just change the inner trims and the lenses on these lights and the will fit. If you have any other questions you can always pm me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm still a bit confused as to why you can't use these with high beams. For instance, if I swapped these with my halogen headlights on my 330ci , why wouldn't they be 100% plug and play?

edit: sorry, wasn't aware of the difference between xenon and bi-xenon. So these would be direct plug and play if I wanted to use them without the bi-xenon capability (ie: halogens for high beams)?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry guys I've been really busy. Please PM me if I was supposed to get you a shipping quote.

I've decided NOT to ship international
I've been warned by many of scams.
Thank You and sorry to the international guys.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts